I’m On Board for Public Transportation!
Public transportation makes our communities – and our nation – stronger. As Americans celebrate National Get On Board Day, we call on local, state, and federal officials to commit to improving and expanding public transportation in every community. Public transit deserves investment because it:
- Connects people to jobs, education, healthcare, and other services.
- Creates jobs and spurs economic development – in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
- Provides essential mobility to people who can’t drive, including older Americans and people with disabilities.
- Reduces traffic congestion and increases travel safety for everyone.
- Improves the flow of commerce in local communities and across entire regions.
- Benefits our environment by reducing carbon emissions, a primary driver of climate change.